" A teacher affects eternity:he can never tell where his influence stops. " ~Henry Adams~

About Me

My photo
Berea, Ohio, United States
My name is Jennifer Lisco. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education. Im currently working on my masters in Mild to Moderate Special Education.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Screencast: Beginning sounds game

I created a screencast to show 1st graders how to play a beginning sounds game online.  There are written directions on the website that I read for them in case they are unable to read the words themselves.  I then walk them through each question to show them how to play.  I would use this screencast as something to accent a lesson I taught on beginning sounds.  After I taught the lesson I would show my students the screencast to make sure they understand what to do on the website and where to click.

I think it would be hard for a 1st grader to create a screencast.  I feel creating a screencast would be an assignment for older students.  First graders are still in that stage where they need to be taught every detail and how to do things. It might be difficult for them to create something where they are giving the directions.

I think screencasts are an excellent way to show students how to do something but for the little ones I probably would never have them create their own. I would use a screencast to show to the class or create one together as a class.

Click here to view my screencast

No comments:

Post a Comment